Thursday, December 13, 2007

Flashback!

I can't believe I am about to do this! I seriously just can't - but I am. Saundra over at planning...forever events recently wrote a post on the things she would change if she could marry her husband all over again. Well that got me thinking - my husband and I got married in the early 90's and there are SO many things that just, well, don't work now-a-days - HUGE flowers, HUGE dresses- HUGE hair, HUGE headpieces, I mean things were BIG and by big I mean ridiculous! But one good thing was that Photojournalism was just becoming BIG (that might be our only saving grace!)

We got married on an little teeny tiny budget and just couldn't afford a professional photographer, luckily being a wedding planner and knowing some of the best of the best - Powers Photography offered to do some photographs of John and I prior to the wedding if we were willing to get into our wedding gear and pose for a class. (a class of like 12 people staring intensely at you while you were all intimate). So we did. Luckily we did, because we only have one good picture of us at our wedding, seriously, one picture of us kissing on the deck - so you can't even see our faces.

I seriously cannot thank Susan and Stewart Powers enough, they truly created images for us that we'll have forever. And even though they weren't on our wedding day, and they weren't in the location we got married, that doesn't matter to me -

So on your wedding day if you are thinking of having Aunty Marge take photographs for you and even if she's really good with the camera, do you want to take that chance? Photographs of your wedding aren't expensive, they are priceless!

Hey! A girl has to be comfortable, right!?!?!?






Us, just chilling out on a bench while he takes some time to rub my feet - don't you just love that headpiece! It's awesome - and HUGE!
This is us (I think that John is thinking to himself - "Really, I have to get this close and have 12 people watching me and be intimate, it's like 100 degrees outside....HELLO!"


Oh and PS - his tux vest was GOLD - and I mean like Gold Lamme - not like a pretty yellow'y gold, NO it was like being encased in velvet - GOLD! Yup, we got married in the early 90's!

8 comments:

Liene Stevens said...

those shoes are all sorts of awesome! :)

Melissa DiStefano said...

Aren't they! I was so excited about those shoe's! Platform "keds" with wedding'ness -Glad you agree :)

saundra, event engineer said...

i love those shoes too! white converse chucks would be the bomb! and you looked sweet, big hair girl! hehe.

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

love the tennies - so father of the bride!

rebekah said...

My sister married in 1989. We had peplins and muffs. In red satin. It was a Christmas wedding. Oh the joy.

reillyatic said...

this is such a sweet post! it reminds me of a picture i have of my aunt and i taken at her wedding in the late
80's... everything in her wedding was big too, especially her sleeve puffs (like deb from napolean dynamite)! i wonder what i will think about my wedding years from now...

Melissa DiStefano said...

Thanks Ladies! Rebekah - sounds beaut-E-ful!!! Love the peplins!!

Don't you love the sleeve puffs! I means HELLO those are the ultimate!!

Oh and Elizabeth - That was so a nod to Father of the Bride my favoritest movie!

Unknown said...

Applique bridesmaid dresses Applique & Beading bridesmaid dresses Embroidery bridesmaid dresses Embroidery & Beading bridesmaid dresses Embroidery & Sequin bridesmaid dresses Lace bridesmaid dresses Rhinestone bridesmaid dresses Basque Waist bridesmaid dresses Drop Waist bridesmaid dresses Empire Waist bridesmaid dresses Natural Waist bridesmaid dresses Lace Up bridesmaid dresses Low Back bridesmaid dresses Zipper bridesmaid dresses Alexia Designs Alfred Angelo mother of bride dresses Alyce Designs mother of bride dresses Amelie Bridal mother of bride dresses Avanti mother of bride dresses Caviar mother of bride dresses Forever Yours mother of bride dresses

Blogging tips