Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ummm, well I know, but, I uh...


So, I went out for drinks with a photographer that I truly admire, and I work with quite a bit. I asked her if having a Wedding Consultant at her weddings helped her weddings go more smoothly. And she adamantly agreed that they do. And then I asked her what she thought I did - and she really couldn't answer. She knew that I made her weddings go much more smoothly, the timing was better, brides weren't late - but couldn't quite answer what I do.

I think this is a more common issue than we know. I actually scheduled a first appointment with her as if she was a bride, I'll let you know how it goes - I am actually excited for it!

Do you think that other vendors know that Wedding Consultants help them tremendously, but don't actually know how much we do? I was thinking of starting an education campaign for vendors in our area - You are great at what you do, and so I am.... sort of thing. Maybe not that brash...
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think the vendors really know what we do... am I off base completely?

5 comments:

*~ Jane & Tricia ~* said...

I agree! I actually brought this up at one of our NAWP meetings and they all agreed as well so now at our monthly meetings we have a different type of vendor get up and tell us in short what they do...its been great!!

Kara Pennington Photography said...

I think your idea to start an education campaign is great! The more we know about how other vendors work and what exactly they do - the better we'll be able to work together!

Angel said...

I know exactly what you mean. Most of my conversations are just letting people know what a coordinator does.

saundra, event engineer said...

Yup...no one knows! Some DJ's think we just cut the cake and move gifts!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! I don't think people realize just how many details a planner can manage and take care of for you, many times before you even hear there is a problem or figure out what question to ask.

And for a bride who is a busy professional they are just a godsend!

Blogging tips