Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Blogging Brides!


Name: Holly

Location: Living in Lake Zurich, IL (a northwest suburb of Chicago) and getting married in my hometown of Iron Mountain, MI (located in the Upper Peninsula)
Blog: a small town bride
Wedding Date: Sept. 5, 2009 -- Labor Day weekend!

What do you do in real life?
I am a biomedical engineer working on a next-generation patient monitor/defibrillator. My title is "Requirements Analyst" but I basically try to narrow the gap between marketing and engineering, researching what our customers want and translating it into engineering terms.

Favorite Part about Planning your Wedding?
Having an excuse to do the things I love. Crafty DIY details will be in abundance on our wedding day. And I'll be honest, planning my wedding is starting to make me reevaluate my career choices!

Least Favorite Part about Planning your Wedding?
The lack of options while planning a wedding in a small town. My vision for the wedding and reality are not always in agreement. It's difficult to choose a reception location when there aren't any to pick from!

What is the best piece of wedding advice you've ever received?
First I'd like to give the worst wedding advice I've ever received, and it seems to be the only advice I've been hearing recently: "It will all work out in the end." It will only work out because we do something to make it work out, things typically don't just fall into place themselves! But I received the best piece of wedding advice from my fiance's sister Angela, who said "Remember the meaning of the day and not all of the details...it's so much more enjoyable!"

More from Holly next Tuesday....

If you'd like to be a Blogging Bride, please email me at melissa {at} masterpieceweddings {dot} net

No comments:

Blogging tips