Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Name Change

Many changes come with getting married. A new house, a new lifestyle, new kitchen appliances and future family additions. But first things first, the biggest change is a new last name. When it comes to changing your name, a woman can decide to take it or leave it. We're asking you newlyweds to please change responsibly! Some women become attached to their maiden name but still want the same last name as their husband. A quick fix: hyphenating that baby and putting all the names together. What women don't consider is the possible torture of writing out all of those characters on every important document that exists. We're talking checks, doctor visits, insurance forms...the list could go on forever. Just think, you could be writing this out every day:
or this one...
So brides, think carefully about your future name. You don't want people stumbling over your name and not remembering it after an introduction. If you want to keep your last name, make it your middle name!
What did you decide to do with your last name change?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I wanted to keep my maiden name somehow, but working at dentist's office, I saw how frustrating having the hyphenated names could be. I decided to change my maiden name to my middle name, and took my husband's last name! It allowed me to keep the name I grew up with, and thankfully it has a nice flow to it. :)

Blogging tips