Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pear Tree Greetings

Before I tell you the story of Zachary's Birth Announcement, I need to thank Kristin from Footstone Photography and Footstone Ink for taking my idea that I wrote on a napkin and putting it on paper! I seriously wrote this on a napkin, a paper napkin and she make it this! I love it!!!!!!!

Zachary's Birth Announcement was supposed to be our Christmas Card, and due to some serious illnesses, well, it got bumped to New Years Valentines Day!

Pear Tree Greetings had offered me a substantial credit to print cards, as long as I told you about my experience. Soooooo, I took them up on it!

I found Pear Tree Greetings to have a great selection of Birth Announcements, Winter Birth Announcements, Holiday Cards, and everything in-between. I was hard to pick what I wanted, there was so much selection, but with the designed "Mad Lib Style Birth Announcement" I needed a card that had a customizable front, and then I was fine with a fill in the blank inside.

I choose my design (which was actually a Christmas Card, that I customized to look like a Valentines Day Card... honestly, so versatile!)

And I played with the design and the text on the inside until it was perfect.

I placed my order, put in my discount code, and BAM! It was done, or so I thought.

This is where my issues started, since I had a customizable card, and most of the site is plug and play, you simply plug in your images and type your text into the presized areas, and you are good to go, your card is professional and gorgeous.

Except, my image, the one above wasn't fitting in the pre-fit space (even though we custom sized it so that it would fit). So I had to start a chat with Customer Service, and they told me to email them the image with my order number, and they would place it into the card manually at no extra cost. Perfect!

I did that. BAM! Done!

Notsomuch.

Two days later my cards were supposed to be delivered and when a box showed up at our house that afternoon I was so excited, I tore it open, and it was filled to the brim with envelopes. Just envelopes.

Where were my cards?

I started another chat with Customer Service, and they said that I needed to approve the proof before it was mailed.

She emailed me the proof. I okay'ed it.

There were a few more hiccups in the process, and I don't want to sound unappreciative, because I am not, I am so grateful to Pear Tree Greetings for the credit, and the gorgeous cards that will be with our family for the rest of our lives!

1 comment:

craighorman said...

Thanks for the post, for your great hints and tips.

Blogging tips