Monday, October 8, 2012

Couch to 5K

Borrowed Image from this site
Okay, so, I have to admit something... I am not a runner.

In fact, I hate running. Nothing against those that love it, honestly, ya'll rock in my book, I am jealous of your amazing legs, your fit trim body and your endurance.

In fact, I've always thought I had Exercise Induced Asthma, is that a thing? Or did I make it up in head?

(reminder to self, must Google that)

Anyway. I've decided that I am going to run a 5K, I've always wanted to, but well, I can't run. I look reeeeedikulous when I run. Like I have a severe mental disability. So, in order to not embarrass myself, I've always stuck to what I am good at.

Watching TV.

But it's time. It's time to learn to run, do a 5K and then a Triathlon.

So, I started a training program called Couch to 5K, I started it about a month ago, and so far, so good. I've been able to do each week, and I feel good about myself. Still not a runner.

I still look like I belong in a mental hospital, but I guess function over form.

I figured I'd use my blog as an accountablity site for my running.

Week 4, done, and I'm not dead. That's a plus.

Anyone else a better couch potato, than a runner?

No comments:

Blogging tips